Tuesday 19 November 2019

My Poem

Trapped

I’ve been trapped in the darkness,

For as long as I can remember. 

I feel like I'm drowning,

in a pool full of tears.

Maybe there’s a way out,

Something to numb the pain.

There’s this something…

I hear this voice.

It’s telling me to make a choice,

Before it’s too late.

Thoughts fleeing through my mind,

I’m starting to feel like there’s no more light.

Palms sweaty, stomachs turning.

Shutting my eyes, forgetting what’s in sight.

Collapsing onto the floor,

My body is now feeling like jello.

Laying there, as I still have my eyes close.

In so much peace,

I am no longer trapped anymore. 

Learning intention: My class room had to think of a subject about anything and create it into a poem. We did this for a test. I chose to write about the subject of being 'trapped' in your mind.

2 comments:

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.