Tuesday 19 November 2019

Keeping Fireworks

Keeping Fireworks

For my topic I have decided to write about keeping fireworks instead of banning them. I am sure that at the end of the day you’ll be persuaded by my reasons and opinions that are stated throughout my paragraphs. I strongly believe that fireworks should be kept, instead of banning them. Fireworks have been a tradition for many families (including mine) and I want people who are reading my piece of writing, to believe this statement once they’re finished reading my persuasive piece of writing.

Families and friends are brought together by doing fireworks, and it’s a great opportunity for people to bond with each other and all around have a great time. Guy Fawkes has been a tradition in my family since I was little and it definitely brings the whole family together and the atmosphere is just so positive and it’s full of joy. I (and many others) celebrate fireworks on the 5th of November when the big event happened. Here, I will write a short story to sum up everything that happened on the night of the 5th. On the 5th of November, 1605, the gunpowder plot happened on the night of the 4 / 5th of November. Guy fawkes was named after a guy called Guy Fawkes! Guy Fawkes was caught with thirty-six barrels of gunpowder in the cellars beneath West miner. The idea was to blow up the House of Lords at the opening of Parliament on the 5th, and to assassinate King James 1.

Since many people are getting hurt from lighting fireworks, it’s 100% their responsibility and it’s their fault! When it comes to fireworks, people need to be more cautious about their surroundings and what they’re actually doing. Loads of young adults and teenagers are being stupid when they’re lighting / around fireworks. It has come to my research, that 71 people in New Zealand last Guy Fawkes, were injured and they were mostly children! Jumping jacks and fire crackers were well known from all of the injuries that were caused from last year. It disappoints me a bunch that people are getting hurt and possibly some will be at a death rate because of fireworks. The thing is, it’s their fault. Young teens and adults often drink alcohol and end up doing stupid stuff with fireworks. Also, adults need to keep their children safe and make sure that they’re not petrified, if so then keep them inside with another adult.

Second of all, if you have pet animals you can lock them inside and close the curtains shut. You can also play music or turn on the tv so they don’t hear the loud noise of the fireworks. Also you can keep them in the furnished room in your house where the atmosphere is all calm and neutral (this will make your pets think that nothing is going on and everything is normal.) I always hear people complaining about their pets being terrified by the loud noise of the fireworks, and the bright colours. Some people’s animals have even ran away from home! This, once again, is all of our responsibility. There are loads of ways you can make sure your pet is all safe and sound such as… don’t let fireworks off close to animals, have one of your family members inside of the house with your pet, keep them indoors (the reasons I mentioned earlier). Most importantly organise where you’re lighting the fireworks were either it’s in the backyard or at the beach.

Most importantly it has been a tradition for many families since the year 1605. Guy Fawkes night is an old English tradition and it’s an event that is celebrated with bonfires, fireworks, barbecues, and family gatherings. Every family has a different tradition where they do different stuff. Some create a rag doll / mannequin of the man and burn it in the fire.

To sum everything up, I am positive that the reasons I have stated will leave you bevelling that we should keep fireworks and that they should NOT be banned. It would be a real disappointment to many people across the nation, , hearing that fireworks may be banned for everyone and anyone. I know it would definitely upset me and my family since it’s been a tradition in my family for a long period of time. That’s why we should keep fireworks instead of banning them!

Learning intention: For Guy Fawkes, my classroom had to write a persuasive writing piece of were ether or not to ban fireworks or keep them. For my persuasive writing piece I chose to write about keeping fireworks, as it is my belief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.