Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 ( My top 3 facts about NZ)


My Top 3 Fun Facts About NZ

  1. New Zealanders are called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand's native flightless bird.
  2. The Auckland city sky tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the southern hemisphere at 328 meters high.
  3. New Zealanders love cars with 2.5 million cars for 4 million people making them one of the countries to have the highest car ownership rate in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aimee,

    I'm Evelyn and I will be working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you have fun on this journey!

    Those are some interesting facts about New Zealand! I've lived here my whole life and did not know about fact number 2 and 3 so thank you for letting me know more about our country! Well done Aimee, make sure you are publishing your work in your own words. I live in Auckland and had no idea that the Sky Tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere! I have been up the Sky Tower twice. I am not afraid of heights but it is quite scary up there, especially when there are glass panels on the ground in certain parts of the tower so you can look right down to the floor! Have you been to the Sky Tower in Auckland before? You can bungy jump off the side of it, would you be brave enough to do it? I know I wouldn't dare to!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.